Monday 21 August 2017

Week 34: Time is flying by in Emmen

Ya, this past week also went by really fast. I am feeling pretty good here in Emmen now. It starts in 3 weeks, I think [school in the Netherlands]. There was like 20 people in church yesterday; everyone is gone, a lot of people are in Germany. But even though there was no one in church we got a loooooot of dinner appointments. It was awesome. Ah, I remember going to that restaurant in Nevada like forever ago [Blue Iguana]! I loved it! Ya, driving 11 hours you could go to so many places here! They think that 3 hours is a really long drive then I tell them how far we drive and they are surprised, haha.

Ya, I made it really quickly to all four countries, it’s awesome. No, no passports [are required] at all [when crossing borders]. Thanks for the pizza dough recipe!

We met with a less active this week from Scotland and he is so cool. He told us a bunch of stories from his life that I really enjoyed hearing about. He said he’ll have us over and make us a meal soon. On the way to his house we biked through really nice country side around Emmen, I took some pics.

Just the usual questions this week:
1.  Can you take some photos of you and your companion out and about in Emmen?
2.  What Dutch church materials do you use to prepare your talks?  Does the Liahona come in Dutch?
3.  How is it going teaching your other investigators?
4.  Did you have many dinner appointments this week?
5.  What was the best thing about your week?
6.  How is your Dutch coming along?
7.  How is ER doing?
8.  Where/when is your next Zone Conference?  (maybe you will get your parcel!)

1. I did take some more this week.

2. Whatever we can, Liahona and scriptures and Preach My Gospel mainly. Ya, it does.

3. Great, Tea is getting into the BOM and has some questions. We just got another investigator and his mum. They are refuges and want to be baptized and are so cool. I can’t wait to go back. They made us a huge lunch and they didn't even know us. Just super nice, humble people. I don't have much time now to write but I will tell more about them later.

4. This past week was alright but next week is gonna be great. I haven't had stamppot yet though.

5. Probably those new investigators, they were referrals and like I said really cool.

6. Pretty good, my weekly goal is to only speak Dutch. The hard part is remembering to speak only it.

7. Decent. Dutch is slowly coming and he has a great knowledge of things which is helpful when our investigators ask us super deep doctrinal questions.

8. It is next week I think on Thursday, not quite sure though.  I think it'll probs be there.

Okay well word is trekken, which in its singular form is trek.  I think it’s funny because trek in English is like what the pioneers did when they pulled their handcarts and trekken means to pull in Dutch. It’s pronounced the same.
Biking through the beautiful countryside of Emmen 

Biking by the Scotsman
Dorpje of Ter Apel
Choose Jesus 


Some of the missionaries in the zone

No comments:

Post a Comment