Transfer day was fun, I got to go to Amsterdam Centraal and chill for a few hours with some other missionaries until Elder Peck got here. The next 3 days we had service planned each day and they all fell through… but luckily I was able to make new appointments for this upcoming week. I had to do a baptismal interview for this 10 year old girl though she wasn’t feeling ready so we didn’t do the interview but it turned into a lesson. It went well. She and her mum are form Brazil so I was able to use the little bit of Portuguese I know to get along with them. She set a new date to be baptized, the 21st of this month so that is good!
When I first got to Alkmaar this one lady took us out to eat at a restaurant and it was really good and she took us again with Elder Peck. It was fun to go there again. The restaurant is like Hu Hot, so good! We got to watch some more General Conference talks at our dinner appointment. The next day we had to go to Amsterdam for a meeting with the Zone Leaders to set some goals and come up with some plans for things and that took awhile but was good. Then we came home and we had an appointment fall through so we worked in the area for a bit. It was a beautiful day though and it was so nice to be outside!
Sunday was great because we had some tourists at church, and some were from Pincher Creek, so that was special! I translated for 9 people which was nice because it kept my mind off of how hungry I was because it was Fast Sunday. Translating is weird but enjoyable, and if you mess up they don’t know, haha. We also went up to Den Helder to see M. He is doing well.
Elder Peck is from Rexburg, Idaho, and is pretty chill. He is cool and a very positive, smiley person. His last city was Gent, so Belgium, and his last comp was Elder Adema. So now he is serving in Alkmaar with Elder Adema's grandparents. The beginning of the week was spent helping Elder Crow get a few things finished and pack. He painted the back of a guitar. It looks really good, I’ll include a photo of it.
1. How are your investigators?
2. Tell me about your new comp! Can he cook, haha?
3. Did you travel anywhere this week?
4. You mentioned last week you had a lot of appointments, was it a busy week?
5. Did you have many dinner appointments?
6. Did you get to finish watching the General Conference sessions?
7. Do you have any insights to share or spiritual thoughts from your studies or scripture reading?
1. Great, a lot of dropped appointments though.
2. He can't cook, haha... but he can play guitar so I enjoy that a lot!
3. Amsterdam, Den Helder, the usual.
4. Should have been!
5. 2 and this week we only have 3...
6. I have half a session to go.
7. I read the story of Ammon and we can learn a lot from him and the way he acted.
I think that’s all,
|Guitar Elder Crow Painted|
|Saying goodbye to the Zusters at transfers|
|Missionary work in the BNL Mission|