Well last Pday I took like a thousand photos. Elder Peck and I went to a city called Bergen Aan Zee which is on the coast of our area and it was so pretty. There is a nice beach and an aquarium as well as some hikes though a forest and as much of mountains as you'll find! Super pretty. We want to go back with our bikes next time. I also found these really cool looking cows that I took some pics and videos of.
Something fun about this week is we had 4 service appointments with members. Luckily we also had beautiful weather! Something really cool about this country is the way they do their vegetable gardens. Often there is not enough room at their house or they live in an apartment so they have a backyard or garden area somewhere else. Someone will buy a big plot of land and sell little pieces of it to other people that they can use for gardening. We did a lot of work like that this week. I took some pics. One family had a little cabin built on theirs and it was really cool, we even had a lunch inside it. We built a bamboo fence for Zuster Van Rhijn. We dug holes for familie Kleijweg. We moved dirt for Br. Dieduksman and we cleaned up the patio for Zuster Bosch.
1. How was the work this week?
2. Did you go anywhere this week?
3. Did you eat okay this week?
4. Do you have a spiritual focus in your district?
5. What events do you have coming up? District or zone activities?
6. When do you go to Keukenhoff? (I’m looking forward to the pictures!)
7. Do you ever get to see or hear from Elder Nielsen?
8. How was church on Sunday?
9. What was the best thing that happened this week?
10. Is Den Helder part of your area as well? Do you have any plans to go to new areas?
1. Great. Elder Peck is getting used to the Dutchness of people up here.
2. Coast, Bergen Aan Zee and Den Helder and Hippolytushoef, Amsterdam of course.
3. Oh yes. This week we challenged ourselves to only spend 2 euros total on food and I think we can pull it off. We have a lot of dinners this week!
4. As a district we do really well at finding investigators, the problem is getting them to progress to baptism so that is an overall theme lately. We set some zone goals that we are working towards all together.
5. Interviews are this Wednesday and in a few weeks we have Keukenhof again! Zone pday is next pday. We convinced the zone to come to Bergen Aan Zee for zone pday. That’ll be nice for us.
6. Soon, end of the month.
7. I met a lady who is in his ward and she took pics of me for him haha and told him hi for me. She is really nice. She was at one of the member's houses. He is in Den Haag.
8. Great. Elder Peck gave a good talk.
9. Pday. It was so different that what we normally see. The little hills were so weird, we joked that we never use our uphill muscles so they are really weak, haha.
11. Den Helder is ours too. We actually got a new map to hang on the wall and began a project of putting everyone in the area book up there so we can contact old investigators to see if we can get things going again. Lots of comments in the teaching records that they just got busy and couldn’t meet so it would be good to come back in 6 months and no one did that so we will try and see what happens. I think it'll be really good!
Okay that is all,
|yak cows :)|
|helping to garden|