Tuesday 23 October 2018

Week 95: De Winter Komt Aan

We have been having cold weather lately, not too bad though. It is really good sweater weather but it's definetly cooling off. We had a few dinner appointments this week and we were fed stamppot at every one. That's when you know it's winter, when you eat stamppot 4 times in a week...

Tranfers actually changed quite a few things around here, like my companion....... we were not expecting that but Elder Jeanfreau is beign transferred to Eindhoven. My new comp is Elder Clemente from Spain, so that should be cool. I have never met him before. I'm looking forward to working with him though! It is sad to see elder JF off though, we were expecting to go another 7 weeks. He is sad to leave but happy to be going to a good city. I will still be in the branch presidency however my companion will not be. I do know Zr VDGraaf, she is cool. I've never heard of that other guy though (LDS cartoonist Arie Van De Graaff). Wow, that's atually really cool about Gent, haha. I had no idea. I've been there too!!! [The peace treaty that ended the war between the United States and Canada (and Britain) was signed in the city of Ghent in 1814].

Well, last pday we were in Amsterdam for zone pday. It was fun, we did a lot of sports and I loved it. I brought my guitar and we sang some songs. But what is really cool is the news came to do a media piece on us. Only 5 of us were going to be in it because they were singing a song for it. However, Elder Dial and I were walking back from sports and got in it! I have a picture of it that I uploaded, haha.

On Thursday we had a good few appointemtns. We had a really good visit with R. When he was reading in the BOM he came across some verses talking about being redeemed and I asked him what that meant and we got on the topic of baptism and he said he is not ready for baptism yet. However, he noticed other people in the church have tasks that they do and he asked if he could also start doing that so that when he gets baptized it will be an easier transition.!!! He asked us to have a calling. Then he also said that members of the church proobably pay money to the church because like how else is it supposed to run and he said he would also be willig to pay a bit each month. We haven't even taught him tithing yet!!! He is so cool, one of my favorite people I have taught. We did some service after that, then dinner, and correlation meeting with this sick family in the gemeente.

On Friday we taught seminary to the class. Then went with the young women to their activity which was service at a theatre. We helped fold, organize, and iron clothes. It was fun. The last few days have been busy preparing for Elder Jeanfreau to leave.

Questions:
1.  What did you focus on this week, finding, teaching, work with less actives?
2.  What did you learn about the Gospel this week?
3.  Did you work in the orchard this week? (I always enjoy hearing about that)
4.  Is your bike holding up?
5.  Tell me about transfers and the changes in your district and zone.
6.  How was church on Sunday? Did you have any responsibilities?
7.  Do you attend all the branch activities? It was great to hear about your associations with the youth.

1. teaching.
2. take the priesthood seriously
3. yup. we got honey!! or was that 2 weeks ago. idk...
4. nope. but misison bikes are coming soon!
5. not too much. E. JF is gone and we got a replacement for Zr Bratt. other than that only one ZL is changed and one other person in the whole zone.
6. normal. I had to be the door watch. I liked it though.
7. we try to. we love the youth so much! they are so fun and great!

Here is the link to the Dutch television show featuring the missionaries (Nick appears on sidewalk).
















No comments:

Post a Comment