Tuesday 28 August 2018

Week 87: Mijn Rug Doet Zeer

Well, my week was busy. We seem to be getting busier and busier. This next week we have everyday packed to the brim with stuff.  Last Wednesday we had our service which went well. My back had been hurting me a lot and that didn't really help much. It was fun cutting branches off of trees though. Everyone there is so nice. We did grocery shopping for a member who is disabled. We do that every week and we also read out of the BOM with him. He really appreciates it. I admire him a lot because he is never able to come to church but I ask him every week if we should come pick him up to bike together and he always says "yes." Then he calls the night before and says he is in too much pain but I admire the fact he always says yes.

on thursday we went to Apeldoorn for zone conference. I got to see Elder Tanner and it has been like 9 months [MTC comp]. It was really nice to talk to him and see him again! The conference was good. I was asked to randomly come up and share what I learned with the group. I don't really like being randomly being called on but it went well. On vrijdag we had an exchange with the DLs. They both came here to Lelystad. It was fun, I was with Elder Dial from Idaho. We had an appointment with the Brazilian family we are teaching. We taught the Plan of Salvation and I used the wooden Plan of Salvation puzzle thing that you sent me! It worked really well and they liked hearing what we had to say and to teach. Elder Dial and I then got some good working hours in and then went to our 4 man dinner appointment because those are allowed now!

The next day we went back to the house to do service in the backyard for his mum. We still had the 4 of us and we had to do a lot of digging. We were determined to take this stump out of the ground. We haven't got it out yet but we are going over again this week. We then had our sport activity and that was lame, only 2 others came. That night we had a great dinner appointment. Sunday was chill and yesterday we went to a members to help paint a few things then at 2:00 we had a dinner slash service appointment with a LA family.  They had a BBQ for us! So nice of them.

Questions:
1.  Did you have zone conference or interviews with President Buysse?  Did you get your parcel?
2.  How was the work this week?
3.  Did you have many investigators at church again?
4.  How is your calling in the branch presidency going? I bet you are learning good leadership skills.
5. What is the weather like there now?
6. Are all your clothes holding up?  Are your shoes getting pretty worn out?
7. Did you eat well this week?  Are there members that feed you pretty regularly?

1. conference. no parcel.
2. not much of it happened. we did find 3 people though so... but we are killing it right now at getting people to church!
3. 5
4. super good I love working with the branch president and the other councillor.
5. rainy. but I love the cool weather. I can wear sweaters now.
6. all are pretty good. my watch is very close to dead. my suit has many holes, my socks even more. my shoes are beaten up but definitely still wearable. I would recommend these shoes to anyone!!
7. oh yes and this next week too!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment