Monday 2 April 2018

Week 66: Pasen!!! En Algemene Conferentie

April 2, 2018

On Saturday we had a good stamppot dinner with some of the ward members before General Conference and then Sunday morning they did a breakfast before the priesthood meeting, so that was nice. I found a new favourite Dutch treat called zuikerbrood, best way to describe it is it is like banana bread but with cinnamon roll ingredients…lekker.

Wednesday was one of the best days because we had a dinner appointment with a great family as well as an investigator who came named K. She is super positive and after we ate we extended a baptism date and she accepted! She likes reading in the BOM. I am so happy to be staying here to see where it goes! I left that appointment with a huge smile on my face haha. Well, we actually had a ton of appointments this week although a few fell through. We were already having a rough day and then this one guy decided to get mad at us for knocking his door. He told us that respect is super important and we aren't respecting other people cause we go around making people believe and bothering people. We tried to tell him that all we do is ask people if they want to take the opportunity to learn more and if not then we go and don’t come back. He was not having it and told us he has read all the books and that he knows everything. We told him he hasn't read the BOM and he said yes he has. Then he asked if we have read the Koran. Elder Crow actually has so he said yes then the guy asked him what the first work is to prove he has. He didn't know so I asked the guy what the first word in the Bible is and he just looked at me and asked the same question. We went back and forth a little and he was being unreasonable... Elder Crow was like okay we are going and shook his hand then he went to shake my hand and I was so mad so for 5 seconds I waited and then I shook his hand and then he says that EC was nice and friendly but I wasn’t because I paused… then EC was like “hey, you don't know this guy, you can't say that" which I really appreciated because I was so mad at that point. We then left and EC was like, "wow I had to dial in a new level of patience for that one." He thought I was going to punch the guy, haha. I would've just walked away before I did that though. We were both pretty heated so we went to the Lidl and got ijscream and took it home to eat.

I got to do another baptismal interview for the elders in Zaandam. It was with this super chill guy named F. from Togo.  I asked him why he wanted to be baptized and he told me about this really cool dream he had where a bunch of cool stuff happened and that is why he has a lot of faith and will be baptized on Saturday. On Saturday, we had an appointment with a new investigator from Poland. We got there and her husband was there who we never met before, he is super cool! He is from Iran and we talked with them about the Restoration and it was just such a good lesson. We gave them a BOM each and they said they will read it! I said a prayer before we left and she seemed to really appreciate it, that touched our hearts a bit. They are such a nice couple, definitely an eternal marriage type, haha.  Other than that we had a full weekend watching General Conference which was nice.

Questions:
1.  Tell me about transfers!  Are you still in Alkmaar?  Do you have a new companion?
2.  How do you feel about the transfer call?
3.  What did you do for Easter?
4.  How much of General Conference did you get to watch? Where did you watch it?
5.  Do you have a favourite talk?
6.  When will you get to watch the other sessions because of the time difference?
7.  Did you hear about the changes in the church programs?
8.  How was the work this week?
9.  When do you go to Keukenhof?
10.  How has the weather been for you there?

1. I’m staying, Elder Peck is my new companion, he is coming from Gent.
2. Great, very glad I am not being moved.
3. Eat chocolate, go to conference.
4. 2.5 sessions.
5. The mistake one was great as well as the forgiveness one.
6. This week I think.
7. Yes.
8. Really good. So many appointments! This next week we are also booked solid.
9. End of April I think.
10. Delightful

Word is knee, it’s the same as the English word except you pronounce it with the 'k'.

Okay that is all!
Elder Fernhout








Zuid Scharwoude

No comments:

Post a Comment