Monday 3 April 2017

Week 14: General Conference in Brugge

Hello Familie,

Another great week. I am so grateful that I am enjoying my mission so much. Ya I got to watch a bunch of conference. All of it except for the last session and priesthood session. But I'll watch them sometime this week. Ya Sabin's was great eh! I loved it too! I am appreciating conference so much more on my misison than I did back home. I take good notes and really try to listen. It goes by so much faster haha! And it is more enjoyable. Really missed 7 layer dip though! Sounds like someone listened to the talk on goal setting haha. Who was that? It was a good one I remember. One of the apostles. Goals are so important! I have learned that. YA! Olivia sent me a video of her opening it. [Her mission call to Germany] Crazy! I am so happy for her and what a cool place to go to! It will be interesting to see how well we can talk with one another when we get back! I am so excited for her. We found out that President Uchtdorf is coming to the misison but we don't get to see him... so mad. Matt will get to see him though.

My favourite scripture this week is Alma 12 verse 24. But the whole chapter is great!

Also, the word of the week is napraten which means parrot. It's funny because na means after and praten means talk so it's like "after talk". Cool eh.

Questions from everyone as I write here in the living room:
1. Camille:  What interesting/best meal have you had from a member?
2. Thomas:  What are the nicest people/members you have met?  —I think I might know the answer to this, the one where the dad is from Utah ;)
3. Jake:  Is there anything you want me to look up on the internet for you (since I have access to it and you don’t)?
4. Grandma Noel:  Are you getting enough to eat and are you teaching anyone?
5. Maddie:  Who is your favourite Belgian King?  Haha, her real question is …. What made you laugh the hardest this week?
6. Andy:  What is the weirdest person you met so far?
7. Mom:  Do you know when you go to Keukenhof yet?
8. Mom:  I’m following up on the commitment you made, did you get a helmet?
9. Uncle Mike:  Where is Elder Richards from?  What are his plans after his mission, BYU? What was your favourite conference talk? Mike says one of his favourite chapters in the BOM is Alma Chapter 5.  Do you have a favourite verse in Alma Chapter 5?

1. Ooo, we had something called witlof. So good. It's leeks which I found out are actually good tasting which are finely chopped and then that is rolled in a piece of ham then its all covered in cheese sauce. But it was more intricate than that and it was so so so good!
2. Ya haha you do know the answer. The mum I think is Belgian.
3. No but thanks. I will in the future probably!
4. Yup we eat a lot and we have lots of people to teach!
5. Haha I thought she was serious at first ha I don't know any kings. Ha that made me laugh. Uhm probably when we accidentally had a small fire in the microwave or when I almost accidentally biked into the canal! haha good times. I'll tell you about both of those in next weeks email which I'll write today.
6. Oh man so so so many. This isn't the weirdest but we knocked on this one door and the guy who answered was about 20 yrs old and he was wearing a dinosuar onesie with a head and tail and he had the front zipper open and he had nothing underneath. Then he went off about some religious theory about water. IDK it was real weird.
7. Ya it's next week I think or the next one ha not sure.
8. no
9. ER is from Logan Utah. He plans on going to BYU after his misison. He already went there a year before the mission. He is not sure what he wants to do but I think he'll end up in teaching. He is very smart. He might work at the MTC for work. That was my suggestion and he liked the idea. Fav talk was Sabin. Verse 46 becasue we see that even after he saw an angel he still fasted and prayed many days and the HG is what confirmed to him the truth.

I really enjoyed hearing all your questions! The computer I usually write the extra on last week is not good anymore so I couldn't write any extra. I'll try to do it today. Hopefully it works today!

Love Elder Fernhout
A trip to Ostende on pday
Pier
Boardwalk



School chalks are the best!

A trip to Antwerp
Train station in Antwerp




No comments:

Post a Comment