Monday 9 October 2017

Week 41: #LichtNL

Ya, it would have been a huge pain to replace the card! and no I am still sick and so is Elder Rytting… we have no energy because of it. No, I don't need meds, I am ok. No sadly they don't do Thanksgiving here. Ya, our teacher here also gave a good lesson on that [rescue of the Willie and Martin pioneer handcart companies], we watched a little film with it as well. My hair wasn’t even cut in those pictures haha, but it is cut now.

Questions this week:
1.  When you went to Zwolle on exchanges with the new elders did you do most of the talking? (I bet your Dutch is getting better since you’ve been the senior missionary so much).
2.  Do you speak mostly Dutch to people?  Do most Dutch people speak English?
3.  What gospel topic are you studying lately?
4.  How is the new bike light referral program going, has that started yet?
5.  What is this new survey that you are using to find new investigators?
6.  How was church yesterday?
7.  Did you get to watch any other sessions of General Conference during the week?
8.  Did you have any funny experiences this week?
9.  What do you eat at dinner appointments?  Dutch winter food, like stamppot, is so good. I’m jealous you get to eat it!

1.Ya, I did all of the talking because people would refuse to talk to the greenies, haha. I'd say that ya my Dutch is good because I have to talk but also not good because I have no one to learn from...

2. Ya, it’s almost all Dutch in this city, which is really nice. But, yes, almost all of them speak English.

3. Lately I have been reading the Leringen Van President Howard W. Hunter. Its great! I read in Dutch which is also fun. We are doing a BoM challenge where we highlight the words baptism, repentance and love. It is going well.

4. It went live a few days ago, so nothing has happened for us yet. But this week we did run around doing all the old referrals that didn’t get done so that we could do the new ones. We had some fun times with that.

5. The survey is just 10 questions about family and faith and God and then from their answers we find what would be best to talk about.

6. Great. The testimony meeting was one of the best ones I have ever been to! It went long because everyone wanted to speak, haha.

7. Yup, I’ve seen them all except priesthood meeting now.

8. No, we did have a good funny dinner appointment with the VD's though. My nickname here is now Elder Fern Gully, haha.  Elder Rytting's is Elder Happy Meal because he didn't eat the food at the VD's and they joked that he was going to get a happy meal after we left, haha.

9. Ya, we had stamppot at the VD’s, haha.

Okay, well short email today.  Love you lots.

Hou doe,

Elder Fernhout

The Belgium/Netherlands Mission Facebook initiative:

Ontdek het licht van Christus en bestel hier uw gratis fietslampjes.

http://lightyour.life


Classic Dutch treat
Sun breaking through the clouds
Oliebollen
Bicycle art
Lethbridge strength winds
biking adventures

Rain brings rainbows
Rainy Days

Cool Sun


No comments:

Post a Comment