Monday 16 October 2017

Week 42: Overplaatsingen... transfer to Zoetermeer!

Hoi!

This week was of course transfer week. But it was also interview week and I also went on exchanges to Zwolle. So before I get to transfers I'll talk about the other stuff. In the beginning of the week we had an appointment with A. and T. and it went well! They are on their way back to the fold! We had a dinner appointment with N. and his family. We stayed probably longer than we should have but it was really fun. N. is probs my favourite person here!

Tuesday we had our interviews with President Bunnell. I love Prez. You can always tell that he loves you and sincerely wants to help, and not just for these 2 years but for the rest of our lives. He is great to say the least. I also made it on the Harvest Report which is like the weekly newsletter that gets sent to everybody every week. The photo of me at the graveyard got put in it! Cool stuff. It's hard to make.

My exchange with Elder Geddes, the district leader, was on Thursday.  I went to Zwolle to work there for the day. They had no appointments so we knocked for 6.5 hours. Yay. It wasn't so bad. We talked and had some good contacts although nothing promising. I was getting really mad at one point because people were being mean, haha, uhh, Dutch people. Also some people englished us which makes me more angry than anything cause like I am speaking Dutch to them then they speak English back, like why people? I obviously speak Dutch. But ya, fun times. I slept good that night. ER stayed in Emmen to work with 2 other greenies, they had a good day though. They had a dinner appointment and also found a potential investigator here in Emmen. I was glad that the weather was really nice though. Lately it has been like summer! I like it, not too hot or cold.

Friday was market day so we checked it out and I got some tourist stuff cause I was pretty sure I was leaving. I got a flag and some postcards. The market is always so cool. So many weird stands of food, and other things like linens and clothing and music and just everything. We visited these cool rocks called Hunebedden.  I included a bunch of photos of them. They are some of the oldest things here in the Netherlands, over 5000 years old.

During our weekly service appointment with T. she made dinner again and it was a type of stamppot called hutspot and it was even better than the last time, probs one of my favourite meals yet! Super good. Then that same night we got transfer calls. I was pretty nervous but usually they call at like 9:30 p.m. or even 11:30 p.m. so I wasn’t nervous at 8:00 p.m. when they called until I saw it was the Assistants calling! They talked to ER first and told him he will be going with Elder Kennel to open up Eindhoven which was previously closed. He will be in the same district as Matt! Then they told me I will be going to Zoetermeer! That's where the temple is! I will be with Elder Ballard who is from Elder Rytting's group so he is "young". I have only heard great things about him too so I am happy about it.  Even better is that I will be in a 4 man apartment. The other 2 I don't really know but they are also both younger than me mission wise. One of them is actually Matt's "child" haha [meaning Matt trained him], so I will be living in the same house as his old comp and my old comp will be in his district. I talked with Elder Tanner and he is really happy to be a district leader this next transfer! Other than that exciting news we had a lunch appointment with the other V. D.s yesterday after church which was really nice. We had pannekoeken. We will be busy these next 2 days, cleaning the apartment and making a whitewash packet, and packing of course!

Questions:
1.  What is happening with transfers?!
2.  Did you have an interview with President Bunnell this week?  How did that go?
3.  Did you go on exchanges to Zwolle?  Who did you work with?
4.  How is the work going in your area?
5.  Did you get your parcel I sent this week with your birthday presents?
6.  Do you have to lock up your bikes?  Do bikes get stolen often? Is there much crime?

1. Naar Zoetermeer!!!

2. Yes, great.

3. Yes, Geddes.

4. Decent. We watched a Mormon Message with T.

5. Yes I did! Thank you so much! I opened it and shared the chocolate with the district which they appreciated. I liked it too. The rest I will have to open on my birthday I guess. I'm excited.

6. Oh ya. The front wheel too or they might take that and you have to take the lights off or risk them getting stolen as well as seat covers or any other accessories. Emmen is a good city where bikes don't really get stolen but any of the big cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerpen and Brussles are bad. Some missionaries with nice bikes buy a secondary crap bike to use while they are serving in those cities so that their nice bike doesn't get stolen. Crime is pretty low otherwise.

That is all,

Love you lots bye!
Hunebedden





T.'s dog Lillet
Beautiful tree lined street
Fairytale path through the trees

No comments:

Post a Comment