Monday 8 May 2017

Week 19: Training in Brugge

It is really hard being a trainer but also really fun in a way I never even thought of. It is also really stressful though because you are responsible for starting someone's mission! Serving in the church really does help with all kinds of other life skills that are useful! My goodness, that is a really really busy week! I'm sure your class was great though! Sick, ya, I have seen those cups and they look so cool! [Chill Factor slushy maker Jake received for his birthday]. That Camry better be there when I get back! I love that thing! That dog, I miss him. Maybe he is just lazy [Porter is having trouble getting around these days].
Ya, what will work best is the video Hangouts, but I actually haven't figured out where to do the Mother's Day thing yet... I don't know what's happening with that, sorry. I will try and figure it out then let you know during the week.
I have noticed so much language improvement this week, we were knocking doors and got let in and I had an hour convo with this elderly Catholic lady all in Dutch, it was crazy. Pretty sure I've been blessed with extra help in that area because I'm training.
We also had a great lesson with O, in English, and we taught him the whole restoration. It was good. He has all kinds of questions which I love because it shows interest and a desire to learn more.

Questions (I’m just going to repeat the one’s from last week since they are still applicable, haha):
1.  Tell me about the changes this week … who is your new companion?  Where is he from? How long has he been out? How is his Dutch?
2.  How did it go with ER leaving this week?
3.  How did the missionary work go this week?
4.  Did you go to church in Gent this week?  What is the ward like there?  Did all the members of the Brugge Branch make it?
5.  Did you travel anywhere this week?
6.  Do you know yet how it will work to talk on May 14th, Mother’s Day?  I’m really looking forward to that!  Let me know what work’s best!

1. E. Furniss is his name, from Rigby Idaho, he has been out 5 days. He does good.
2. It went well.  I was really sad to see him leave, he gave me one of his name tags which was cool. (A trainer-trainee tradition).
3. Alright, we did a lot of stuff. Everything I do is an example so that motivates me to work hard and do everything right. Every time I felt like we might be being a bit lazy, we went and worked harder. We met a lot of cool people and had some good lessons. It's weird making all the decisions.
4. Awesome, it felt like I was back home again! So so many people, 178 to be exact and they expected 130 max., haha. Almost all came, it was a good turnout.
5. Ya freakin' Lichtervelde for like 3 hrs, got lost walking around this tiny little dorpje and I was too stubborn to ask anyone for help. Then when I finally did, it was this old farmer dude who only spoke Italian and that didn't help. I slept so good that night. A few other places, but nothing else new.
6. Nope, ya I could try 4 our time or 3 our time I'll let you know.

Okay love you bye

Word is slagroom, which is the word for whipped cream. It's cool because slag is a term for hit and room is cream, so it is similar to English but still cool.
A church in Brugge



One of the beautiful old churches in Brugge

A groentje!

No comments:

Post a Comment