Monday 15 May 2017

Week 20: An Awesome Mother's Day Video Chat

It was really nice to talk live and to hear you guys! This week was good, some cool things happened and training is also going really well. I feel like I have to be an extra good example which is hard sometimes but I really love training; I would love to do it again too! I think I enjoy it a lot because I got a really good greenie. We get along real well and do good stuff here. I feel like the work has slowed a bit since ER left but I think that’s normal. There's just so many things to stay on top of!

Ya, I am at the point in the language where I have all of the basics which now allows me to grow really fast and get good in a bunch of areas of the language. Once that happens I'll probably be transferred to an area with a new accent!

EF and I do 100 pushups every night which is fun, I can already tell I am improving! We also play soccer some mornings which is really fun! We went to Diksmuide this week to see a Lamb of God referral and the guy was interesting … I could barely understand him because he had some kind of speech impediment but I was able to give him a Book of Mormon and he accepted it so that was awesome! He’s also meeting with the JWs and he wrote up 117 Qs for them so it’ll be fun to see what he has for us, haha! It was so hot though in that little dorpje!

We had some bike troubles this week too but that led to our miracle for the week! We were kinda late for a train, so we were biking really fast and EF realized he had a flat tire but we decided to keep going; then he kinda crashed and he ended up bending his front tire but we kept going because we were late. As we were on this one path, this guy stopped us and said he had a pump and that he could help us. We got talking he said he knew a Canadian, which he brought up because of the flag on my bag. He said it was also a missionary and he met with them a few years ago but then they just stopped coming by and he didn’t know why. I think it was when Brugge was closed down to missionary work. He said he would start meeting with us again and gave us his number and address! So cool! And I almost didn't even stop.

Word is WONDEREN and it means miracles. I chose it because it sounds like wonders which makes sense, like Jesus performed wonders, gives a new perspective to the word.

Nice, I was totally going to ask you for recipes! I also have a microwave, btw.

Okay love you bye

Questions:
1.  Did you go anywhere this week?
2.  How is the work going?
3.  Do you have to travel to Brussels for paperwork for EF much?
4.  Have you been on any exchanges lately?
5.  What kind of pasta do you cook?  What do you serve it with?
6. How is the training going?

1. A few places like Diksmuide. Should be going to Antwerpen for ZC [Zone Conference] this week and also Brussels for EF.
2. Kinda already answered.
3. Hah, did that one too.
4. Nope, but next week we will be!
5. Just penne with a white carbonara sauce from a jar. I'll fry up some spek and peppers and onions too.
6. We get along really well. We share stories and have good laughs and it’s really fun!
A photo taken by a member visiting Brugge
Train Board in Brugge
Beautiful street in Belgium
Eating ijs under the protection of an arch
Church in Diksmuide
Temperatures are rising in Belgium!

No comments:

Post a Comment