Monday 29 May 2017

Week 22: Five Month Mark

Quite good but it was too freakin' hot! Wow, 5 months eh!

Ah, that's too bad. Dang, all the animals are taking a hit. I know the twins liked that cat a lot too. It was so nice! Ha, that's funny the gospel doctrine classes here are on the same schedule as there.  It makes sense but it's still funny. Ya, I always bring up having an eternal perspective when I teach the plan of salvation.

Ha, no we are not eating well lately, haha. A few nights ago I made plain white rice and that was all we had ... put a little maggie on it and nothing else. During the week we also had only mashed potatoes for dinner, haha. I was looking around and saw potatoes and thought hey I think I can make mashed potatoes and I mean they aren't hard to make but they turned out really good! We just ate straight mashed potatoes that night. However, yesterday I decided to see if I could make homemade mac and cheese with what we had in the house, the sauce I made turned out really well. I had to guess the measurements 'cause there are no tools or anything. I used flour, cheese, milk, butter and salt. Little lumpy but tasted good! But we are on plan to make some good dinners this next week!

Hey ya we meet people all the time and either they say they'll send our photos to our mums or EF asks, haha. Ya, it is so beautiful in Brugge. Some people say it's overrated but it is honestly so nice. most beautiful in Belgium! Ya good story behind these haircuts. I like mine but it's a little short for me, nice for the weather though! Okay, we'll try and take more photos.

I included photos of the Holy Blood procesie that we were at this week. It's a huge parade and each float is a different part of Christ's life. It was pretty cool to see. Really really hot that day. I had some bike probs this week. I popped my back tire 2 times in one day but Bro pace hooked me up. We had dinner with his family yesterday and he made these delicious ribs!

You'll see some seflies I took with 2 dudes and one girl.  We were biking by them and they shouted out "are you from Utah?" So we stopped and talked and they are Evangelical Protestants and are going to university taking religion classes and knew a bit about Mormons and missionaries. We talked for a long time and they were so so nice and cool! We cleared up some misconceptions they had and some about Joseph Smith. It was refreshing to talk to other actively religious people. They said they had a lot of respect for us and how dedicated we were and one said he was gonna change some things to be better in life. They were just so cool though. One of them said a prayer before we left and he pretty much just blessed us the whole time it was so nice. I gave the girl a BOM and she accepted it. She was Belgian and spoke English and Dutch and the other two only English I think and were from other countries in Europe. They do a blog on Youtube and took a video that they might post of us. I forget their name. I have a card back at the apartment I'll tell you next time.

Questions:
1. Any customs you have noticed or find interesting that are different than North America?
2. Did you travel anywhere this week?
3. I missed you including a “word of the week” last week in your letter.  Can you resume that?
4. What was your favourite scripture you read this week?
5.  Did EC get transferred to Belgium?
6. Did you hear much about Trump’s visit to Belgium this week?
7. Did you have dinner appointments this week?  How is the cooking going? What is your favourite Belgian food?
8.  How is the work going?

1. Bikes, people are so much more innovative with bikes here. They use them for everything, moving from house to house, grocery shopping, dropping kids off at school, exercise or just looking around. They will carry everything on their bikes too. They have an add-on or something for everything you'd ever want to carry!
2. Koksijde, thats what the videos of the beach are from. We took a tram all the way down the coast. Koksijde is a little coastal town where we had someone to meet. Nothing much more than that. I will be going to Brussels today for P-day though and we are having a sports day.
3. I got one this week, aansprakelijkheidsverzekering which means liability insurance.
4. It was one I have already included. I finished the BOM again this week so that was cool! I make a lot of notes while I read. I started it again and as a mission we are doing a challenge where as you read you underline all words regarding faith and all things regarding the Holy Ghost. Pretty cool so far.
5. Ya! My whole MTC group is in Belgium, it's awesome.
6. Not much, just that we weren't allowed to go to Brussels that day for any reason.
7. A few, one lady fed us soooooo much food it was insane, I only ate that one meal the whole day ahha. Fav food has gotta be frikandels.
8. Decent. We had a lot of appointments and found a few new people however nothing toooooo solid and our good investigators couldn't meet this week and Stanley went to Germany but we went to Institute with him which was cool. I took a video of us on the train that you can see and all I told him was to say somehting for my friends and he bore his testimony in the viedo and about me and it was so nice! Stanley is doing so great!

I think that's all love you bye












No comments:

Post a Comment