Monday 22 May 2017

Week 21: The Work in Brugge Continues

I only got the one parcel with the DNA kit and shirts. Ya, they were really nice, she was actually the aunt of the elder who trained Elder Tanner [speaking of a member visiting Brugge who sent me a picture]. He's really cool and I made sure to tell her that.

I love the rain. Ya, I always have one [a raincoat] with me which is why I bought a small packable one.

Today I am emailing from Gent which we will probably do in the future because it makes our lives so much easier than running around Brugge [to find a computer]!

We haven’t gone back to that one lady yet but we have to go down there for someone else so we will stop by on the way and see her. We tried looking up the couple from the bus but they were not home so we’ll try again some other time. No, we haven’t gone to the little dorpjes nearby to do any work. There's enough to do in Brugge still. We did bike to one to do a look up this week. We biked like 30 kilometers in one day, it was a lot!

Questions:
1.  Did you get both packages from me or just the one (2nd parcel has the deodorant in it)?
2.  How is the training going? Are you managing the senior companion and other responsibilities all right?
3.  What is your main way to find people to teach?
4.  What are you learning about yourself on the mission?
5.  Have you been able to play a ping pong match with EF yet?
6.  Are you doing all right for money?
7.  Raincoat questions from above …
8.  Did you get fed much this week?

1. Just the one. I love all the stuff in it! You always know what random stuff to include!
2. Training is good. We had a Brussels trip this week. Ya, I'm managing it all okay.
3. Through members and asking for referrals. Lately, we have been getting a few from door knocking, which we did with some of the members and it went really well!
4. Lots, haha. I am getting a lot more skills, learning how to spiritually feed myself and how to best use my past experiences to be a good teacher for others.
5. Yes, we did play and it was really close. I won the first set by a decent amount, then him the next, then the third went to a tie for a long time and he eventually won in a really close match.  It has been a long time since ER and I played, haha. But ya, he's slightly better than me at the moment. [Nick always likes a good challenge and sounds like a friendly competition].
6. No, they are not sending in my reimbursements or something weird is happening! I am so poor! Sorry I have been taking out personal money as of late because of that! I am not happy about it, it sucks! [His reimbursements will come soon no doubt … missions are so good for learning to budget your money!]
7. Yes
8. 2 times and one was with a member who invited a missionary from 3 years ago to eat with us, so we had dinner with him too. He is just traveling around to some of the cities he served in. I asked him where he’s from and he's like Canada…. I was like, okay, where in Canada? He said Alberta, so I was like where in Alberta? He said some little town in the southeast. I was like, dude, I’m from Lethbridge, where are you from specifically? He was like, oh, wow, that’s so cool, I'm from Cardston! His last name is Nish. He’s actually going to school at the University of Lethbridge and is living on the west side now.

That's all, love you, bye

From our Hangouts chat:
He is not too sad about Porter being put to sleep.  He felt he had already said his goodbyes to him, which is a relief since he loved that dog so much!  Also, he was able to fix the brakes on his bike this week himself, which is comforting.
Elder Fernhout and a former missionary, Elder Nish
An MTC reunion after Zone Conference!
Another picture of the beautiful Belgian countryside ... so much green!
peaceful countryside
some happy sheep
"Really cool farm gate"
Getting a sunburn from all the biking

No comments:

Post a Comment