Monday 2 July 2018

Week 79: Lelystad

Well, I don’t know how but it is hotter here in Lelystad than it was in Alkmaar… super hot. Also, I had to leave my borrowed bike behind so I didn't have a bike. I inherited Elder Blackwell's but Elder Jeanfreau left his in Haarlem. We went and got that today which is why I now have no time to email but transfer day absolutely sucked! All the busses in the country decided to go on strike on transfer day and we needed to get all our luggage to the station from our apartment in Alkmaar so we had no choice but to walk. I had my really large bag which had no handle plus my duffel and my side bag and my guitar. I had to carry that for 1 hour and 20 mins all the way to the station. Easily one of the hardest things I have ever done on the mission. It was so awful. My shoulder muscles are still in pain from that day. My big black bag was so heavy and awkward that when I got to Amsterdam Centraal the other elders came to help and couldn’t even carry it… without carrying my other bags at the same time... at least I don't have a bike. Other than that it was mostly fine. We had to wait for a bit in Amsterdam Centraal but I had already met Elder Jeanfreau there. There is a piano open to anyone to play and he is really good so he got on it and I pulled out my guitar and we played some music. We even got a bit of a crowd going, it was fun, I want to now be a rockstar…

We met up with Elder Chamberlin who is in Lelystad because it is a 4 man apartment. We went together to Lelystad where we then had to wait for Elder Crow. He also had a bunch of issues but we found him. We then went grocery shopping. We went so HAM and it came to a total of 111 euros. Usually it's like 30 for 2 elders so we are set. We had branch council that night and met some cool people, like the branch president. He is sick. We had some other appointments the other days, a few with less actives and one with a member. We are whitewashing into this area but there is pretty much no teaching pool so we will have to build it up. We did a lot of walking and getting lost this past week because the city is laid out really weird, really weird. On Sunday we had a dinner appointment with an investigator who had fed the missionaries every Sunday for the past year. She is really cool! We also had a cool miracle on Sunday, at the end of the 3 hour this random lady walked in and said she wants to learn more and wants to talk with a priest. We have an appointment for this week.

The branch is cool, lots of youth but still small. Sorry no time for a geestelijke toetje!

Here is President and Zuster Buysse's Mission blog link: http://buyssebelgiumnetherlandsmission.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment