Monday 30 July 2018

Week 83: Ik Ben Dood and Record Breaking Temperatures

Well, I wouldn't be Dutch if I didn't complain about the weather. Disregard how hot I said it was last week because this week was worse! It was a record here. It reached 110 degrees Fahrenheit in our apartment, not fun... we had a lot of wet shirts and towels draped over ourselves. We also used the freezer to freeze the towels and other things. It was awful. We biked to 5 appointments on one of the really hot days, we were very sweaty.

We also had exchanges this week and I got to work work with the one and only elder Nielsen! we were here in Lelystad and had a great time working with each other, so fun. Other fun things is that Elder Chamberlin and I were having a bit of a water fight and I went to throw something at him and he was coming at me and what happened is my hand went full speed into his arm and I pretty much broke my fingers. I write this email in much pain. Playing guitar is also really hard. Despite that and the heat we found 12 onderzoekers this week! So that was nice.

We didn’t pick fruit this week because we had interviews on Wednesday which was cool. I like President Buysse, he's cool, Zr Buysse too! Super nice and friendly. It was weird to have it in Flemish. He told me that he wants to keep missionaries in their cities for a long period of time and that I could very well stay here the rest of my mission. I'd be chill with it though! I love the people here.  I have the photos and vids but i can’t uplaod them today because of the shortage of time.


How you carry bread home in the Netherlands

No comments:

Post a Comment